Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Return of Invictus Pilgrim


In October 2010, I began the process of coming out in a visceral response to a talk given my Mormon apostle Boyd K. Packer at the LDS General Conference. 

Once I decided that I had no choice but to come out - at the very least to myself - one of the first things I did was go online and start looking for and reading gay Mormon blogs. Reading these blogs gave me both the courage to keep moving further away from the closet and the desire to start my own blog. In late October 2010, Invictus Pilgrim was born. In one of my first posts, I explained why I had chosen to write under this pseudonym.

I posted on Invictus Pilgrim for a little over a year, then closed it for personal reasons. Except for a brief period several years ago, I have kept the blog closed, also for personal reasons. 

Recently, however, I was reminded how important gay Mormon blogs can be to individuals who are struggling with their sexuality and/or with what to do with it - particularly to those who are deeply closeted. I have therefore decided to make my old blog available again in hopes that both my posts and the many, many comments that were left in response to these posts may be useful to some. The blog was a reflection of where I was "at" at that time. I have journeyed long and far since then; but rereading these posts provides a useful reminder of where others may be at this point in their lives.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment